My Dog Has Stopped Eating

• Hi, Our 8 year Old Black Lab will no longer eat any food. It has been well over a week now since his last meal. We have taken him to the Vets, and they did the usual tests etc and said that he seemed healthy and strong. But at home, he won't eat, rarely drinks and is lethargic all the time. He still enjoys his walks, but that is all.

When he drinks, he mostly is sick straight afterwards, he also seems to be constipated and does a lot of straining but nothing is coming out. On our first visit to the vet last week, they gave me an anti biotic and a steroid injection, but this didnt boost his appetite. We have tried everything, from his favourite foods to favourite treats, we have even warmed his food, added gravy, and things like that but to no avail. When you try to give him food its almost like he thinks we are poisoning him.

Back at vets today and since his visit 5 days ago he has lost another 3 kg. Vet doesn't seem to believe us when we say he wont eat anything, but after a bit of pushing the vet finally took bloods so hopefully that may show something.

I am just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen with their Lab and how did they rectify the situation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!